- To respect and advocate for the rights and desires of our clients;
- To determine their path in life without judgment or criticism;
- To meet the emotional needs of the client at that moment;
- To gain the trust of the client by validating him/her as a person with worth;
- To develop a therapeutic partnership to support and encourage the client to step outside their comfort zone so that they may continue to evolve and succeed as an individual;
- To facilitate meaningful and lasting change so the client can attain their life goals;
- To educate the client to develop and utilize constructive methods to deal effectively with daily life stressors;
- To encourage the client trust their judgment and decisions; to create solutions to their issues;
- To educate and assist family members how to emotionally support the client to overcome their struggles.
Meet Our Caring Professionals
Ellis Berkowitz, MSW, ACSW, LCSW
Ellis is a License Clinical Social Worker. He earned his Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from Norfolk State University. He has been in Private Practice since 1987. He works with children, teens, and adults and specializes in assessment and treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Ellis also works with clients with mood and anxiety disorders. In addition, Ellis has authored two professional articles on ADHD and has been a presenter at the NASW PA Annual Conference in 1997 and in 2014. Ellis has also done ADHD workshops and trainings for school districts and mental health and substance abuse treatment facilities.
Nancy Pendergast-Herbst, MSW, LCSW
Nancy is a License Clinical Social Worker. She earned her Master’s Degree in Social Work from Temple University. She has been in Private Practice since 1987. Nancy works with children, teens and adults with Mood and Anxiety disorders, Divorce issues, Adoption issues, Parent-Child conflicts and child abuse issues.